Have you ever longed to escape the city and ride off into the sunset on your ride? To flee from the city of hubbubs? If you nodded yes to both questions, well, it might be time to reward yourself with a long escape starting with the following best travel destinations hidden in between the city buildings.
Traverse City, Michigan
Traverse City is a hidden gem in the state of Michigan perfect for all lovers, and not just romantic ones.
- Beach lovers can visit the large hills of silky sand along the coastline, otherwise known as the Sleeping Bear Dunes. Go kayaking, trekking, or just appreciate the view of unadulterated waters and land.
- Wine lovers can savour a test of freedom in the Leelanau Peninsula, with multiple fine wineries and their respective homely owners.
- People lovers can stroll around the cosy city centre, admire the architecture, or just chat with the locals.
- History lovers have their fair share with the museums, old mansions, and towering lighthouses.
Island of O?ahu, Hawaii
Hawaii may seem overused in vacation packages, but I will show you secret spots far different from the usual beaches and seas.
- Hike the Haiku Stairs with approximately 4,000 steps and 2000 ft. in depth. Scared? Well, you might be if not for the breathtaking view all throughout the trail.
- Visit the Byodo-In Temple to find a pleasant surprise of Japanese culture equipped with oriental gardens and architecture.
- Add more hiking to have one of the most splendid views of the sunset in the Ehukai Pillbox. This is more challenging but lasts for 30 minutes, aptly short but sweet.
- However, if you’re missing the beach and camping, go to Kahana Bay – a beautiful yet secluded spot surrounded by mountains and clear waters.
San Juan Bautista City, California
Well, if seclusion is what you want, check out San Juan Bautista City. Jump back in time while frolicking around the remnants of Spanish culture under the warm sun. This 3rd city will truly define relaxation in simplicity.
- Experience the balance of religion and architecture in the Mission San Juan Bautista, dubbed as the largest of California’s missions.
- Hike your way through history and mounds of wildflowers through the San Juan Bautista De Anza Trail.
- Want to try golfing? There is the San Juan Oaks Golf Club just outside the town with the same Spanish architecture mixed with unique vegetation and strategically placed oak trees.
- Fully immerse yourself in the ghosts of the past in the San Juan Bautista State Historic Park comprising of jails, living quarters, stables, and the century-old hotel, among many others.